How to Grow a Lemon Tree from Seed Easily in Your Own Home
Citrus fruits are used worldwide because of their health and beauty benefits. Besides being used for cooking purposes, citrus fruits have many therapeutic properties. However, what’s more important is that you can have some of the citrus fruits always within your reach. We present you a way how to easily grow lemons in your home.
Lemons are probably one of the healthiest fruits on the planet. They are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, they contain a great amount of vitamin C and B. They boost your immune system and energize your body.
You will need:
- 1 lemon
- Good quality soil
- Container or pot
- Breathable plastic film
- A sunny area
- Fill a container with a soil and mix it with a little bit of water in order to dampen it. Below the rim, leave an inch of space.
- Take a seed from a lemon which has a decent shape. Clear the seed, but take care not to dry it out.
- Make a hole for about half an inch in the soil and plant the seed. Then, cover it with soil and water it.
- Cover the pot with the breathable plastic film in order to stay moistened. Place the pot in a sunny area.
Note: Do not water the plant too frequently. After 1-2 weeks when it starts sprouting, remove the plastic film. Afterward, place it under a direct sunlight.
Take the following steps for proper care of the lemon tree
- The plant requires regular watering. However, make sure you don’t overwater it.
- The plant should be exposed to direct sunlight at least 8 hours a day.
- Feel free to add fertilizer to the lemon tree.
- You can keep the pot inside your house facing a window, or place it in your garden.