16 Signs Which Are Warning You that Your Liver is Overloaded With Toxins that Make You Fat!
The liver is a vital body organ that filters and processes blood throughout the body. Moreover, it is responsible for metabolizing nutrients, digesting fats, detoxifying the body from harmful substances, storing vitamins and minerals, and producing blood clotting proteins.
The Detoxification Function of the Liver
However, its most important function is probably detoxification, i.e. converting toxins into waste that are flushed out from the body through urine. This detoxification process is made up of two phases.
The first phase is when the liver, together with the help of enzymes, converts the toxins that are harmful to the cells into less harmful substances. In the second phase, the liver makes the toxins more water-soluble by pairing them with other molecules, so that they can be flushed out from the body.
The term sluggish liver refers to the impaired detoxification function of the liver, which mainly occurs due to the body’s deficiency in some crucial nutrients. Moreover, as soon as the liver becomes sluggish, the toxins accumulate in the body and become stored as a fat tissue.
Here are the 16 symptoms which show you that your liver is full of toxins:
1. Sudden weight gain
2. Hormonal imbalance
3. Depression and anxiety
4. Negative emotions
5. Persistent fatigue
6. Excessive sweating
7. Lethargy and brain fog
8. Migraines behind the eyes
9. Dull headaches
10. Joint and muscle pain
11. Removed gallbladder
12. Difficulties in digesting fats
13. Digestion issues
15. Acne or skin issues
16. Bad breath
How to Improve Liver Function?
Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is of high importance for dealing with sluggish liver and improving its function. Therefore, here’s a list of some tips that you need to follow in order to have a healthy diet:
- Drink a lot of water;
- Intake at least 35 grams of fiber daily through consumption of chia seeds, golden flax seeds, artichokes, avocado, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts;
- Consume leafy green vegetables due to their abundance in vitamin C and B, magnesium, and folate;
- Eat foods that are plant or animal based sources of amino acids, such as bone broth, organic eggs, and chicken, raw spinach, parsley, cabbage, and beet;
- Incorporate eggs, broccoli, garlic, onion, kale, and asparagus as a sulfur source;
- Consume only organic food and avoid GMO;
- Use only healthy fats like coconut oil, grass-fed butter, avocado, and sustainable red palm oil.
- Do not consume oils that can cause inflammation, such as soybean, cottonseeds, corn, canola, sunflower, and vegetable oils;
- Avoid refined sugars like cane sugar, cane juice, white/brown sugar, and beet sugar;
- Limit your fructose consumption, 20-25 grams daily;
- Reduce, or even better – eliminate the consumption of alcohol.
The 3 Most Powerful Foods for Restoring Liver Function
1. Milk Thistle
This herb is highly beneficial for restoring liver function. The silymarin compound found in milk thistle has extremely potent antioxidant, antiviral, antifibrotic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it prevents liver damage caused by viruses, toxins, drugs, and alcohol.
This spice contains curcumin, which is extremely beneficial for the liver and for the overall health. Namely, it protects the liver from damage and has the ability to stimulate regeneration of the already damaged liver cells due to its strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Globe Artichoke
It belongs to the thistle family and is very helpful for improving liver function and preventing liver damage. Furthermore, globe artichoke stimulates bile production which is needed for proper function of the liver. Also, it lowers the levels of the bad cholesterol, thus, it prevents fatty liver.http://unknownremedy.com/2016/12/29/16-signs-liver-overloaded-toxins/https://i0.wp.com/unknownremedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/THS-reframe_28-798x418-bspline.jpg?fit=1008%2C538https://i0.wp.com/unknownremedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/THS-reframe_28-798x418-bspline.jpg?resize=150%2C150HealthHealth Care,Liver Function,Signs,Sluggish Liver,Toxins