This Bath Pulls Toxins Out Of The Body; Improves Muscle And Nerve Function, Reduces Inflammation And Improves Blood Flow
Epsom salt has been used for many years worldwide for relieving all kinds of pain and ache. It is a bitter white crystalline, which is a hydrated magnesium sulfate with cathartic properties, also known as bitter salts.
Epsom Salt Bath Benefits
Moreover, this salt is not used for cooking like the regular one, but it is used for its healing and medicinal properties. The best way to use Epsom salt is to make a bath. When in water, Epsom salt decomposes into magnesium and sulfate, which enter your body through the skin. Namely, Epsom salt baths are beneficial for treating:
- Pain and swelling caused by arthritis
- Bruises and sprains
- Fibromyalgia, a condition that makes your muscles, ligaments, and tendons hurt
- Psoriasis, a condition which results in red, itchy, scaly skin
- Sore muscles after a hard workout
- Soreness from diarrhea
- Sunburn pain and redness
- Swollen feet
- Toenail fungus
Furthermore, these salts stimulate a process which eliminates the salts and toxins from the body. This process is known as reverse osmosis and makes space in the body for the magnesium and sulfate.
Namely, magnesium is crucial for more than 325 enzymes and it has the ability to soothe inflammation, improve nerve and muscle function, enhance blood flow, and improve oxygen supply throughout the body.
On the other hand, sulfate is beneficial for healthy skin, nervous tissues, and painful joints. Also, it helps in the process of detoxification and in the process of building crucial protein molecules in the brain tissue and joints.
How to Take an Epsom Salt Bath?
The body takes 20 minutes to eliminate toxins and additional 20 minutes to absorb magnesium and sulfate. Therefore, make sure you have at least 40 minutes of free time. All you need to do now is add Epsom salt in your warm bath. But, add in the following amounts:
- add 1/2 cup of salts for children under 60 lbs
- add 1 cup of salts for people between 60-100 lbs.
- add 1 ½ cup of salts for people between 100-150 lbs.
- add 2 cups of salts for people between 150-200 lbs.
- add 1/2 cup of salts more for every 50lbs larger.
- add ½ cup of olive oil to improve the antioxidant properties of the bath;
- add ginger or cayenne powder to boost the detoxification process;
- avoid using any kind of soaps.