This Is Why You Should Never Drink The Water From Your Nightstand!
Many people put a glass of water on a nightstand before going to bed, so they can drink it when they wake up. If you are among those people, this article is just for you. We present you the reasons why you should break that habit.
Why shouldn’t you drink the water from your nightstand?
Besides the fact that the water tastes strange, there are other reasons why you should avoid this habit. There are subtle chemical changes that happen overnight, which can actually change the composition of the water, making it ever so slightly acidic. However, these changes aren’t dangerous. When the water is left open to the air, it absorbs some carbon dioxide, which is then converted into carbonic acid.
As a result, the pH level of the water is lowered and thus, the water becomes slightly acidic. Moreover, if the water is left to air for prolonged periods of time, it will be exposed to bacteria. This can lead to the growth of algae and mosquito larvae.
Microbes can easily pollute plain water because water doesn’t contain any sugars or proteins to protect it as food does. Hence, the water absorbs a small amount of CO2 and change its changed chemical properties.
So, you should only be concerned how long your water has been left out in the open air. Don’t consume water which has been exposed to air for an extended period of time, as it can become a playground for dangerous bacteria, algae, dust, and even mosquito larvae.
Moreover, be careful with bottled water that’s been exposed to heat or sunlight for extended periods of time. As a result, it may contain some potentially dangerous compounds like bisphenol A (BPA).