Stop Crunching and Try This Simple Routine for Absolutely Ripped Abs
Maybe you have noticed that no matter how hard you train, the stubborn belly doesn’t go away. It probably means that you are doing the most popular but outdated exercise called crunches. This exercise won’t give you the desired results, it’s boring, may lead to poor posture, and it actually can make your waist larger.
Instead of the boring crunches, you can try a wide range of other powerful exercises which will tone your belly. For instance, you can try plank, which doesn’t only target the abdominal area, but also the whole body. Moreover, there is an effective program of six exercises, which are beneficial for the abdominal muscles. What’s more, these 6 exercises will help you lose weight faster. You should do all 6 exercises in straight sets while resting 30 seconds between sets.
Simple Routine for Rock-Solid Abs
1. Flutter Kicks
- You should lie on your back with the head and back relaxing on the ground. Then, stretch and extend your arms by your sides and tighten your abs. Make sure you hold the legs straight and lifted about six inches above the ground.
- Next, raise the left leg higher than the right leg and then lower it as you lift the right leg higher. This is motion resembles scissor and should be done quickly.
- Do 5 sets of 15 repetitions.
2. Straight Leg Raises
- Continue lying on your back in the same starting position as in the previous You must keep the knees straight.
- Then, start lifting the legs straight up slowly. Hold for several minutes and slowly return to starting position.
- Perform 5 sets of 15 repetitions.
3. Side Raises
- Start by lying on the side with a straight body. Keep the feet on top of each other.
- Then, start lifting the hips up off of the floor while powering the movement with your forearm. You should bring your body in a straight line. Hold for a few minutes and slowly return to starting position.
- Do 5 sets of 15 reps.
4. Oblique Crunches
- Start this exercise by lying on your right side with the legs on top of each other. Bent your legs at the knees and place the left hand behind your head.
- Then, start moving your left elbow up and crunch as high as you can. Hold and return to starting position slowly. Then, switch sides.
- Do 5 sets of 30 repetitions with 15 reps on each side.
5. Alternating Elbow-to-knee
- You should lie on your back and cross your arms across your chest. Then, crunch up and bring the right elbow towards the left knee. Next, drop back to the floor and alternate sides.
- Do 5 sets of 30 reps with 15 reps on each side.
6. Reverse Hip Crunch Thrusts
- Start performing this exercise by lying on your back with your head and neck on the floor.
- Then, bent your knees and keep your feet flat.
- Next, slowly roll your legs up towards your ears, bringing the hips up towards you. Hold and slowly lower the legs back to the floor.
- Do 5 sets of 15 reps.