You Have Only 10 Seconds: This is How You Will Save Your Life in Case of Heart Attack!
A heart attack is life-threatening and it happens when your heart muscle is starved of oxygen-rich blood. As a result, this causes damage to your heart muscle. This serious medical emergency should be taken seriously and medical assistance should be sought.
Don’t delay – call 999
The Signs of a Heart Attack
There are various symptoms of a heart attack and they vary from person to person. These are some of the most common signs:
- chest pain: tightness, pain or a burning feeling in your chest
- feeling light-headed
- shortness of breath
- pain in arms, neck, jaw, back or stomach
- feeling nauseous or vomiting
However, if you start feeling some of these symptoms or several signs at once, you have in fact only 10 seconds to save your own life. Do not forget, the first thing you should do is call an ambulance. Then, there is a simple method, which can help you save your life: cough CPR.
Why Try Cough CPR?
The heart shuts down during a heart attack. However, if you start coughing, the heart will continue functioning long enough for help to arrive. Coughing will send oxygen to the lungs and put pressure on the heart. Plus, it will stimulate the circulation. This is a potentially life-saving method. So, stay calm and act right away. Simply, follow these steps:
- Call an ambulance.
- Start coughing deep and strong.
- Cough without stopping for 2 seconds while extending the exhale.
How to Prevent a Heart Attack
The most important thing you can do is try to prevent this life-threatening condition. For this reason, you should:
- Lose some weight if you are obese.
- Do regular physical exercises, at least 3 hours a week.
- Stop smoking.
- Consume a low-fat, high-fiber diet, fresh fruit, and vegetables.